Thursday, March 1, 2012

mistakes are acceptable.

Making mistakes is not the end of the world.

I'm reading a daily devotional: The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer. It's free on you version, an app I downloaded on my phone. Today, the devotional told me that "Making mistakes is not the end of the world." I'm going to be honest-- I struggle with this one.

I'm not a perfectionist by any means. I want to do things well, and often, I want to do too many things in general, but when it comes to tedious projects and fleshing out painstaking details, I'm out. My style is much more laissez faire than that.

Now, with that being said, often I find myself paralyzed by fear, especially when it comes to make a big decision, or even a small decision. Sometimes I'm just not confident enough in what I'm doing to move decidedly in one direction. God doesn't like this! In fact, He wants me to know that if I do decide to take action and it ends up not being right for me, as long as I acted in faith and with prayer, He's going to honor my intentions and He will forgive me for whatever mistakes I made.

How awesome to know that I serve a GOOD and FAITHFUL and MERCIFUL God! How wonderful to know that His love is not contingent on my perfectness, or in my case, my feeble attempts at perfection. He loves me.

Today, this is my prayer:
Lord, give me confidence. Give me the spiritual and emotional courage to make decisions for You and act according to Your will. Thank you for the experiences in my life that have shown me that you will never leave me, nor forsake me. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Help me to show Your love to others, so that they may know You through my actions. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment