Monday, February 13, 2012

Hold me near

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-22 says that there is a time and a season for everything. My God promises that He has made a time to be happy, and to be sad, to be born, and to die. I've been resting in this promise lately.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 ESV



For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ...


As a family, we're going through a season of mourning. It's a season to break down, and hopefully soon, there will be a healing season for us. It's also been a time to embrace. Time to embrace the loved ones that God has put in our lives. Time to embrace the promises that He has set out for me and you. Time to embrace the blessings that He's so richly poured into my life, and a time to embrace the understanding of mercy and grace that I humbly accept. Thank you, Lord, for all of these things, and even though I am sad and broken, thank you for the season that you've given me.
 
In the old testament, God gave me this promise:
 
Daniel 2:21 ESV

He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;

 
So thankfully, there will be a new season coming. I'm looking forward to this new season. I'm looking forward to the promise of laughter and dancing and a time for birth and new life.

This is my prayer:
God, let my body be a temple for You. Let my prayers be guided by Your will for my life. Help me to accept what plans You've made for me, knowing that Yours plans are far better than what I can imagine. Take my heart and mold it into Your image. Help me to be the best example of You and your perfect son's sacrifice for our sins. Thank you, thank you, thank you for what You've done in my life and what You are going to do. I am believing in your sovreignty and feel You near right now. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment