Monday, February 28, 2011

that I may be a woman patterned after His word.

praying for God to move.
in a big way.

Small groups starting this week. We are hoping to grow this time around, as we begin a study called "Fearless" by Max Lucado. I feel God stirring in our community, our life, our home, our small group, our church.

God is at work! and I can't wait to see what He's got in store for us as we work through this study together.

Life at home keeps zooming by at a dizzying pace. Porter is growing by the moment. He's learned to walk, learning to talk, and honestly looks more like a little boy rather than a baby each time I glance at him. It makes me sad, but mostly it makes me proud that we've made it this far. I feel accomplished that we've held it together for this long.

My prayer is that God will tune Porter's heart into His will and His word very early on in life. I cannot wait to see how God will use Porter Jay for His good works and glory. Porter has such a sweet, loving, charismatic personality already and I pray every day that he always uses his charm for good. Oh, how I'm quickly learning the joys and fears of motherhood! God is teaching me so much about myself and about my relationship with Christ through this process.

Also, as usual in the Spring, I begin to feel a bit nostalgic about my childhood, and have lately been trying to think of ways to cherish my Mother. I love her so much, and honestly, no matter how many times I say it, try to show it, or communicate it, I just don't think I can adequately express how much she really means to me. So, I'm praying that God will show me ways to honor her in this season of life. I know we're both busy, but since I'm a mother now too, I am constantly thinking of my Mom and how much she sacrificed for me.

My prayer is that I will have the foresight and creativity to show my Mother how much she means to me.

Finally, I'm praying that God works on my marriage, but primarily, that He works on me so I can be better at my marriage. I am trusting in him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lisa! I saw your blog link on your Facebook page (it's Leann King). I could have written this same blog post today, except for the walking part. I also am realizing how much my mom sacrificed and that I need God at the center of my marriage (well, I already knew that but it's one of the things on my heart lately). I follow another blog called the M.O.B. Society (Mothers of Boys) and it's a really neat community of boy-moms. You might want to check it out. They have a Facebook page, so just do a search for them.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete